We are fully aware of our social duties concerning the protection of all personal information handled by our company, and we comply with laws, ordinances, and the like concerning the protection of personal rights and about personal information. We have also constructed a personal information protection system in order to realize our policy outlined below. Our pledge is that our entire company will continue working together to achieve improvements while maintaining an awareness of the latest trends in IT technology, changes in social demands, and changes in business environments.
1. Our acquisition, use, and provision of personal information is limited to the scope necessary for the proper execution of business, hiring of employees, and personnel management, and we never handle personal information beyond the scope necessary for achieving the specified purposes of use.
2. We adhere to laws and ordinances concerning personal information protection, as well as guidelines established by the Japanese government and other norms.
3. We exhaust all management resources, appropriate for the business circumstances, in order to achieve rational safety measures against and to prevent risks to personal information, such as leakage, loss, or damage, and we make continuous efforts to improve our personal information security system. Moreover, we take prompt corrective actions in the event of an incident.
4. We provide prompt, sincere, and appropriate response to all complaints and consultations regarding our handling of personal information.
5. We make timely and appropriate revisions to our personal information protection system according to changes in the environment surrounding our company and continuously promote improvements to the system.
Handling of personal information
The company, based on the above policy, handles personal information using the following methods.
1. Purposes of use of personal information
Personal information is only used in the execution of duties related to user registration of products, product delivery, acceptance of products to be repaired, and other duties.
2. Management of personal information
We have established a person responsible for protecting personal information. This person, with a clear understanding of their duties, provides and maintains an environment that enables the proper execution of activities related to personal information protection.
3. Provision of personal information
Personal information, except in the following cases, shall not be disclosed to any third party. a) When consent has been obtained from the customer in question. b) When disclosure of personal information is required per laws, ordinances, or the like. c) When the handling of personal information is entrusted by the company to a contractor. In such a case, the information shall be handled in accordance with “deposition of personal information”, described in the next paragraph.
4. Deposition of personal information
The company, for reasons related to business management or for the purpose of improving services provided to customers, may entrust some duties to an outside party or deposit personal information to a contractor who conducts duties on behalf of the company. In such a case, the company shall select a contractor who is aware of the proper handling of personal information. The company shall, through contracts or other means, establish the items necessary for preventing the leakage of the personal information of customers by utilizing methods such as appropriate management and confidentiality measures, and shall ensure that the contractor manages the personal information appropriately.
5. Requests for disclosure, etc. of personal information
Customers can request the company to provide disclosure, etc. (notice/disclosure of purposes of use or the correction, addition, or deletion of the contents thereof; suspension or elimination of use of personal information; suspension of provision of personal information to a third party) of the personal information of the customer in question. In such an event, the company, upon confirming the identity of the customer in question, shall respond to the request within a reasonable period of time.
6. The choice to provide personal information
Customers have the choice on whether or not to provide their personal information to the company. However, in cases in which a customer has not provided the necessary information, the company may be unable to provide services, etc. to the customer under ideal conditions.
End of document
July 13, 2012