1) Information on the collection of personal data and controller’s contact details
1.1 We are pleased that you are visiting our website and would like to thank you for your interest. Below we will inform you about how your personal data is handled when using our website. Personal data in this respect refers to all data with which you can be personally identified.
1.2 The controller responsible for data processing on this website in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Sound Service Musikanlagen-Vertriebsgesellschaft mbH, Moriz-Seeler-Straße 3, 12489 Berlin, Germany, Telephone: +49 (0)30 707 130-0, Fax: +49 (0)30 707 130-189, Email: [email protected]. The controller responsible for processing personal data is the natural or legal person who, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
1.3 The controller has appointed a data protection officer for this website, who can be contacted as follows: “Timo Könnecke, Sound Service Musikanlagen-Vertriebsgesellschaft mbH, Moriz-Seeler-Straße 3, 12489 Berlin, Germany, [email protected]”.
2) Data collection when visiting our website
When visiting our website for purely informational use, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the data that your browser transfers to our server (so-called server log files). When you visit our website, we collect the following data, which we require for technological reasons, in order display the website for you:
– Our visited website
– Date and time of access
– Amount of data sent in bytes
– Source/reference from which you accessed the website
– Browser used
– Operating system used
– IP address used (in anonymised form where applicable)
Data is processed in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website. Data will not be passed on or used in any other way. However, we reserve the right to subsequently check the server log files if we have specific reason to suspect illegal use.
To make your visit to our website more appealing and to facilitate your use of certain functions, we use so-called cookies on various pages. These are small text files that are stored on your device. Some of the cookies we use will be deleted after the end of the browser session, i.e. after you close your browser (so-called session cookies). Other cookies remain on your device and allow us or our partner companies (third-party cookies) to recognise your browser when you next visit (persistent cookies). When cookies are used, they collect and process certain user information within an individual scope, such as your browser and location data and IP address. Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified duration, which may differ depending on the cookie.
Some cookies are used to simplify the ordering process by storing settings (for example to remember the content of a virtual shopping basket for a later visit to the website). If individual cookies implemented by us also process personal data, this data will be processed in accordance with either Article 6(1)(b) GDPR for the performance of a contract or Article 6(1)(f) to safeguard our legitimate interests in providing the best possible functionality of the website as well as ensuring the design of the website is customer-friendly and effectively designed.
Under certain circumstances, we will work together with advertising partners that help us to make our website more interesting for you. To this end, cookies from partner companies (third-party cookies) will also be stored on your hard drive on this basis when you visit our website. If we work together with the aforementioned advertising partners, you will be informed individually and separately about the use of such cookies and the extent of the information collected within the following paragraphs.
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
Please note that the functionality of our website may be limited if you do not accept cookies.
When you contact us (for example using a contact form or by email), personal data will be collected. The respective contact form indicates what data is collected in the form. This data is stored and used solely for the purpose of answering your request or for making contact and the associated technical administration. The legal basis for data processing is our legitimate interest in answering your request in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. If the purpose of your contact is to conclude a contract, an additional legal basis for processing is Article 6(1)(b) GDPR. Your data will be deleted after completion of the processing of your enquiry; this is the case if it can be inferred from the circumstances that the matter in question is conclusively clarified and there are no statutory storage requirements that prevent this.
5) Data processing when opening a customer account and for contract execution
In accordance with Article 6(1)(b) GDPR, personal data will also be collected and processed if you provide it to us for the performance of a contract or when opening a customer account. The respective input forms indicate what data is collected. You can delete your customer account at any time by sending a message to the controller at the above address. We store and use the data you have provided for fulfilling the contract. Upon complete fulfilment of the contract or deletion of your customer account, your data will be blocked with due consideration for retention periods under tax and commercial law and deleted upon expiry of these periods, unless you expressly agree to the further use of your data or we reserved the right to further use your data in a legally permitted way on our website, which we will inform you of accordingly below.
6) Use of your data for direct marketing
6.1 Subscription to our email newsletter
If you subscribe to our email newsletter, we will send you information about our offers on a regular basis. The only mandatory information required in order for us to send you the newsletter is your email address. Any other information disclosed is on a voluntary basis and will be used to address you personally. We use the so-called double opt-in process to send you our newsletter. This means that we will only send an email newsletter if you have explicitly confirmed that you consent to us sending you the newsletter. We will then send you a confirmation email with a link to confirm that you wish to receive newsletters in future.
By clicking the confirmation link, you give us your consent for the use of your personal data in accordance with Article 6(1)(a) GDPR. When you register for the newsletter, we will save your IP address as entered by the Internet Service Provider (ISP) as well as the date and time of registration in order to be able to trace any misuse of your email address at a later date. The data collected by us when you register for the newsletter will be used exclusively for promotional purposes by means of the newsletter. You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time using the link provided in the newsletter or by sending a message to the controller named above. After you unsubscribe, your email address will be deleted immediately from our newsletter mailing list, unless you expressly agree to the further use of your data or we reserve the right to further use your data in a legally permitted way, about which we will inform you in this statement.
6.2 Sending the email newsletter to existing customers
If you provide us with your email address when purchasing goods or services, we reserve the right to regularly email you with offers for goods or services from our range that are similar to those you have already purchased. In accordance with Article 7(3) of the German Unfair Competition Act (UWG), we do not require any separate consent from you to do this. Data is processed in this respect solely on the basis of our legitimate interest in offering personalised direct marketing in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. If you initially objected to the use of your email address for this purpose, we will not send you any emails. You are entitled to object to the use of your email address for the aforementioned advertising purpose at any time with future effect by sending a notification to the controller mentioned above. To do this, you will only have to pay the costs of delivery in accordance with the basic tariffs. After receiving your objection, we will immediately stop using your email address for advertising purposes.
6.3 Marketing by post
On the basis of our legitimate interest in providing personalised direct marketing, we reserve the right to store your first and last name, postal address and, if we have received this additional information from you as part of the contractual relationship, your title, academic degree, year of birth and professional, industry or business designation in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) GDPR and to use these in order to send you interesting offers and information about our products by post.
You can object to the storage and use of your data for this purpose at any time by sending a message to the controller.
7) Use of social media: Videos
Use of YouTube videos
This website uses the YouTube embedding function to display and play back videos from the provider “YouTube”, which belongs to Google LLC., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”).
Regardless of whether the embedded videos are played, a connection to the Google “DoubleClick” will be established during every visit to this website, which may trigger further data processing operations without our influence.
Google LLC, which is based in the USA, is certified for the US-European “Privacy Shield” Framework, which ensures compliance with the applicable data protection requirements in the EU.
8) Web analytics services
Google (Universal) Analytics – Google Universal Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies, text files which are stored on your computer and which allow your use of the website to be analysed. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website (including your truncated IP address) is normally transferred to a Google server in the USA and is stored there.
This website uses Google Analytics solely with the “_anonymizeIp()” extension, which ensures your IP address is anonymised and prevents it being linked directly to a particular individual. With this extension, your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other states which are party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address transferred to a Google server in the USA and then shortened there. In these exceptional cases, data will be processed in accordance with Article 6(1)(f) GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in the statistical analysis of user behaviour for optimisation and marketing purposes.
Google will use this information on our behalf to analyse your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities and to provide us with other services related to the use of the website and the Internet. The IP address transferred from your browser by Google Analytics will not be combined with other Google data.
You can prevent the storage of cookies by using the appropriate setting on your browser software; however, please note that in this case you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. You can also prevent the collection of the data (including your IP address) generated by the cookie relating to your use of the website, as well as Google’s processing of this data, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
As an alternative to the browser plug-in or on browsers on mobile devices, please click the following link to place an opt-out cookie to prevent any collection by Google Analytics within this website in future (this opt-out cookie only works in this browser and only for this domain; if you delete your cookies in this browser, you will need to click this link again): Disable Google Analytics Google LLC, which is based in the USA, is certified for the US-European “Privacy Shield” Framework, which ensures compliance with the applicable data protection requirements in the EU.
This website also uses Google Analytics for cross-device analysis of visitor flows, which is done using a user ID. You can disable cross-device analysis of your use under “My Data”, “Personal data” in your customer account.
9) Rights of the data subject
9.1 The applicable data protection law grants you comprehensive rights as a data subject (access and intervention rights) in relation to the controller with regard to the processing of your personal data, which we will inform you about below:
– Right of access in accordance with Article 15 GDPR: In particular, you have the right to obtain information about your personal data processed by us, the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data processed, the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the personal data has been or will be disclosed, the envisaged storage period or the criteria used to determine the storage period, the existence of the right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or to object to such processing, the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, the origin of your data if it was not collected by us, the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and any meaningful information about the logic involved and the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for you, as well as your right to be informed of what safeguards are in place for the transfer of your data to third countries in accordance with Article 46 GDPR;
– Right to rectification in accordance with Article 16 GDPR: You have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate data and/or to have incomplete data stored by us completed;
– Right to erasure in accordance with Article 17 GDPR: You have the right to obtain the erasure of your personal data where one of the prerequisites set out in Article 17(1) GDPR applies. However, this right does not apply, in particular, where the processing is necessary for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
– Right to restriction of processing in accordance with Article 18 GDPR: You have the right to obtain restriction of processing of your personal data whilst the accuracy of the personal data contested by you is verified, if you oppose the erasure of your data due to unlawful data processing and request a restriction of processing of your data instead, if you require your data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims once we no longer need this data after it has fulfilled its purpose or if you have objected on grounds relating to your particular situation pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override yours;
– Right to information in accordance with Article 19 GDPR: If you exercised the right of rectification, erasure or restriction of processing in relation to the controller, it is obligated to notify all recipients to whom your personal data has been disclosed of this rectification or erasure of the data or restriction of processing, unless this proves to be impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed about these recipients.
– Right to data portability in accordance with Article 20 GDPR: You have the right to receive your personal data which you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request that the data is transmitted to another controller, where technically feasible;
– Right to withdraw consent in accordance with Article 7(3) GDPR: You have the right to withdraw your consent to data processing at any time with effect for the future. In the event of withdrawal of consent, we will delete the data concerned immediately, unless further processing is supported by a legal basis for processing without consent. The withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
– Right to lodge a complaint in accordance with Article 77 GDPR: If you believe that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes the GDPR, you have the right, without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement.
9.2 RIGHT OF OBJECTION
IF, IN THE CONTEXT OF A BALANCING OF INTERESTS, WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA BASED ON OUR OVERRIDING LEGITIMATE INTEREST, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THIS PROCESSING WITH EFFECT FOR THE FUTURE ON GROUNDS RELATING TO YOUR PARTICULAR SITUATION.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT OF OBJECTION, WE WILL TERMINATE THE PROCESSING OF THE AFFECTED DATA. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO FURTHER PROCESS YOUR DATA IF WE CAN DEMONSTRATE COMPELLING LEGITIMATE GROUNDS FOR THE PROCESSING WHICH OVERRIDE YOUR INTERESTS, FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS, OR FOR THE ESTABLISHMENT, EXERCISE OR DEFENCE OF LEGAL CLAIMS.
IF YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS PROCESSED BY US FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO OBJECT AT ANY TIME TO PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA CONCERNING YOU FOR SUCH MARKETING. YOU MAY EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
IF YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHT OF OBJECTION, WE WILL TERMINATE THE PROCESSING OF THE AFFECTED DATA FOR DIRECT MARKETING PURPOSES.
10) Duration of storage of personal data
The duration of the storage of personal data is calculated based on the respective legal storage period (such as storage periods under commercial and tax law). After the expiry of this period, the corresponding data will be routinely deleted, provided it is no longer required to fulfil or initiate a contract and/or we no longer have any legitimate interest in further storage.
Sound Service GmbH - European Headquarter
Moriz-Seeler-Street 3, D-12489 Berlin, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)30 707 130-0 Fax: +49 (0)30 707 130-189
E-mail: [email protected]