WE’RE ZOOM. AND WE’RE FOR CREATORS.
Zoom designs and produces a wide array of digital recording devices and multi-effects processors. Our products are used world-wide by sound designers, musicians, podcasters, filmmakers, location sound professionals, electronic news gatherers, and anyone who needs to create amazing digital content.
Zoom’s corporate culture is a fusion of engineers and artists; a combination of advanced technological skills and the sense and desire to employ them creatively and imaginatively. Our mission is to design, develop and manufacture high-end, and easy-to-use creative tools that allow anyone, from amateur to professional, to more freely express their creative ideas in today’s digitally driven world.
The Graphic Designer is a full-time position who reports to the Art Director. You will interpret our brand needs and design solutions with high visual impact, work across a variety of media to support and drive visibility, knowledge, and demand for our products, including but not limited to:
- Web sites
- Product launches
- Social media
- Print ads
- Product packaging
- Email marketing
- Online Events
- Exhibitions/booth/event design
- Corporate identity and brand positioning
As part of the marketing team the Graphic Designer will collaborate with marketing teammates, other Zoom departments, Zoom Corporation headquarters in Japan, as well as third party contractors, vendors, and agencies.
The Graphic Designer must be a proven and creative professional with experience in both digital and print media. We are looking for a conceptual, out-of-the-box thinker, with problem-solving skills, Someone who has a passion for brand development and a great eye for design, a clear communicator and self-starter who is comfortable juggling multiple projects, but also knows when to raise a hand for clarification or help. Most importantly, we are looking for passion above all else.
- Ability to work within an established brand’s identity
- Work across a wide range of media and use graphic design software to accomplish brand goals
- Think creatively and work collaboratively to develop new design concepts, graphics, and layouts
- Prepare rough drafts and present your ideas to your team
- Amend final designs to team comments and gain full approval
- Work as part of a team with internal marketing, sales, and product support as well as third party copywriters, photographers, musicians/engineers/filmmakers, videographers, and Zoom’s marketing agency of record
- Prepare finished copy and art with accuracy and attention to detail for print vendors, magazine publishers, etc.
- 3+ years of experience as a product, marketing, brand, or equivalent designer at an agency, or in-house for well-established brands
- A diverse portfolio that exhibits excellent use of typography, color, and graphic elements (and a clean visual design sense)
- Proven graphic design experience with ability to communicate brand in both digital and print mediums
- Possess strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize workflow, and meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Possession of creative style, versatility, conceptual/visual ability, and originality
- Ability to clearly communicate and collaborate with team members, partners, and vendors
- Open to feedback and willing to make changes to your designs
- Up to date with industry leading software and technologies; particularly proficient in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Photography and image editing/retouching experience
- Experience using Content Management System web tools for creating and maintaining web pages
- BFA, Graphic Design (or similar), or work-related experience
- Stay abreast of current technology, trends, and web design principles
- You are curious, love learning new techniques and testing new ideas
- Ability to travel for trade shows and video/photo shoots as needed (5-10%)
Bonus Round (great, but not necessarily required)
- Photography and/or videography experience
- Video editing/motion design experience (Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, etc.)
- Strong visual/interaction/conceptual skills via storyboarding
- Basic HTML/CSS programming knowledge etc.
- Industry experience and/passion for music/filmmaking
This position is located at the Zoom North America office in Hauppauge, New York.
Please send your cover letter and resume, along with a website location where your work can be found to: [email protected]